Ventas to Acquire Nationwide Health Properties in $7.4B Deal
"The combination of Ventas and NHP increases the scale and diversification of the combined company, the strength and flexibility of the company's balance sheet and the quality and geography of the assets," Cafaro said. "With Ventas's successful track record of value-creating transactions and NHP's longstanding history of regional, asset-level acquisitions, taken together with one of the strongest balance sheets in the REIT industry, the combined company will have a unique opportunity for continued external growth."
Pasquale called Ventas "the right partner" for Newport Beach, CA-based NHP. "Our shareholders, property operators and tenants will all benefit from our expanded strength, diversification and capabilities," he said. "We're pleased that this all-stock transaction offers NHP shareholders a premium and also the opportunity to participate in the combined company's future prospects for dividends and growth."
Among its $5.1 Billion in healthcare real estate assets, NHP owns 667 properties in 42 states including
- 279 assisted and independent living
- 198 skilled nursing
- 134 medical office buildings
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists