Ventas to Acquire Nationwide Health Properties in $7.4B Deal
"The combination of Ventas and NHP increases the scale and diversification of the combined company, the strength and flexibility of the company's balance sheet and the quality and geography of the assets," Cafaro said. "With Ventas's successful track record of value-creating transactions and NHP's longstanding history of regional, asset-level acquisitions, taken together with one of the strongest balance sheets in the REIT industry, the combined company will have a unique opportunity for continued external growth."
Pasquale called Ventas "the right partner" for Newport Beach, CA-based NHP. "Our shareholders, property operators and tenants will all benefit from our expanded strength, diversification and capabilities," he said. "We're pleased that this all-stock transaction offers NHP shareholders a premium and also the opportunity to participate in the combined company's future prospects for dividends and growth."
Among its $5.1 Billion in healthcare real estate assets, NHP owns 667 properties in 42 states including
- 279 assisted and independent living
- 198 skilled nursing
- 134 medical office buildings
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Programs focus on high-risk patients to reduce spending