Top 100 Hospitals Named by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters has estimated that if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as those treated in the award-winning facilities:
- Nearly 116,000 additional patients would survive each year.
- More than 197,000 patient complications would be avoided annually.
- Expense per adjusted discharge would drop by $462.
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
Below are the top hospitals among major teaching hospitals. Asterisks indicate Everest Award winners:
Major Teaching Hospitals
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago, IL
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge, IL
Baystate Medical Center - Springfield, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion