Top 100 Hospitals Named by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters has estimated that if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as those treated in the award-winning facilities:
- Nearly 116,000 additional patients would survive each year.
- More than 197,000 patient complications would be avoided annually.
- Expense per adjusted discharge would drop by $462.
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
Below are the top hospitals among major teaching hospitals. Asterisks indicate Everest Award winners:
Major Teaching Hospitals
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago, IL
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge, IL
Baystate Medical Center - Springfield, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Population Health Starts with Ending Hunger
- HL20: Tom X. Lee, MD—Reinventing Primary Care
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: José Ramón Fernández-Peña, MD, MPA—A Welcoming Approach