Top 100 Hospitals Named by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters has estimated that if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as those treated in the award-winning facilities:
- Nearly 116,000 additional patients would survive each year.
- More than 197,000 patient complications would be avoided annually.
- Expense per adjusted discharge would drop by $462.
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
Below are the top hospitals among major teaching hospitals. Asterisks indicate Everest Award winners:
Major Teaching Hospitals
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago, IL
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge, IL
Baystate Medical Center - Springfield, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality