Top 100 Hospitals Named by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters has estimated that if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as those treated in the award-winning facilities:
- Nearly 116,000 additional patients would survive each year.
- More than 197,000 patient complications would be avoided annually.
- Expense per adjusted discharge would drop by $462.
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
Below are the top hospitals among major teaching hospitals. Asterisks indicate Everest Award winners:
Major Teaching Hospitals
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago, IL
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge, IL
Baystate Medical Center - Springfield, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments