Top 100 Hospitals Named by Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters has estimated that if all Medicare inpatients received the same level of care as those treated in the award-winning facilities:
- Nearly 116,000 additional patients would survive each year.
- More than 197,000 patient complications would be avoided annually.
- Expense per adjusted discharge would drop by $462.
- The average patient stay would decrease by half a day.
Below are the top hospitals among major teaching hospitals. Asterisks indicate Everest Award winners:
Major Teaching Hospitals
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center - Chicago, IL
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital - Park Ridge, IL
Baystate Medical Center - Springfield, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Boston, MA
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement