API Healthcare, Kronos Halt Merger Plans
In a brief statement posted on its Web site, API, said the decision to end the merger agreement "enables API Healthcare to continue to focus on the innovation and delivery of workforce management solutions that allow healthcare providers to effectively balance quality of care and cost."
Kronus officials did not immediately return calls seeking comment.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality