HealthSouth to Sell 6 Hospitals to LifeCare for $120M
HealthSouth will work with LifeCare to transition the hospitals' employees and ensure there will be no interruption to patient care during the transfer to the new ownership. "We want to recognize and thank our highly skilled employees at these hospitals for their years of service and wish them the best under LifeCare's leadership," Grinney said.
The hospitals in the sale include:
- HealthSouth Hospital at Tenaya, Las Vegas, NV;
- HealthSouth Hospital of Houston, Houston, TX;
- HealthSouth RidgeLake Hospital, Sarasota, FL;
- HealthSouth Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA;
- HealthSouth Regional Specialty Hospital, Mechanicsburg, PA;
- HealthSouth Specialty Hospital of North Louisiana, Ruston, LA, and two satellite locations, HealthSouth Hospital of North Louisiana — Farmerville, LA, and HealthSouth Hospital of North Louisiana — Homer, LA.
These hospitals contributed $121.7 million of net operating revenues and $17.5 million of Adjusted EBITDA to HealthSouth Corporation in 2010. They will be treated as discontinued operations beginning in the second quarter of 2011, HealthSouth said.
HealthSouth, which specializes in inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, operates in 26 states and in Puerto Rico, with a network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation satellite clinics and home health agencies.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed