HealthSouth to Sell 6 Hospitals to LifeCare for $120M
HealthSouth will work with LifeCare to transition the hospitals' employees and ensure there will be no interruption to patient care during the transfer to the new ownership. "We want to recognize and thank our highly skilled employees at these hospitals for their years of service and wish them the best under LifeCare's leadership," Grinney said.
The hospitals in the sale include:
- HealthSouth Hospital at Tenaya, Las Vegas, NV;
- HealthSouth Hospital of Houston, Houston, TX;
- HealthSouth RidgeLake Hospital, Sarasota, FL;
- HealthSouth Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA;
- HealthSouth Regional Specialty Hospital, Mechanicsburg, PA;
- HealthSouth Specialty Hospital of North Louisiana, Ruston, LA, and two satellite locations, HealthSouth Hospital of North Louisiana — Farmerville, LA, and HealthSouth Hospital of North Louisiana — Homer, LA.
These hospitals contributed $121.7 million of net operating revenues and $17.5 million of Adjusted EBITDA to HealthSouth Corporation in 2010. They will be treated as discontinued operations beginning in the second quarter of 2011, HealthSouth said.
HealthSouth, which specializes in inpatient rehabilitative healthcare services, operates in 26 states and in Puerto Rico, with a network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, outpatient rehabilitation satellite clinics and home health agencies.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised