OH Hospitals Launch Non-profit Collaborative
Tom Selden, president/CEO of Middleburg Heights-based Southwest General, said the collaborative will work with physicians in the region to strengthen their practices. "We know the strength of a hospital is closely tied to the strength of the physicians in its community. That is why we made sure our new organization was structured to not only help support these practitioners, but also to closely integrate them with our new collaborative," Selden said.
The three hospitals did not provide details about the budget, expenses, or staffing for CHC but Sheldon said the object of the collaborative is to save money, not spend it, and that a small core CHC staff will operate between the three hospitals and work with existing staff.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork