OH Hospitals Launch Non-profit Collaborative
Tom Selden, president/CEO of Middleburg Heights-based Southwest General, said the collaborative will work with physicians in the region to strengthen their practices. "We know the strength of a hospital is closely tied to the strength of the physicians in its community. That is why we made sure our new organization was structured to not only help support these practitioners, but also to closely integrate them with our new collaborative," Selden said.
The three hospitals did not provide details about the budget, expenses, or staffing for CHC but Sheldon said the object of the collaborative is to save money, not spend it, and that a small core CHC staff will operate between the three hospitals and work with existing staff.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment