OH Hospitals Launch Non-profit Collaborative
Tom Selden, president/CEO of Middleburg Heights-based Southwest General, said the collaborative will work with physicians in the region to strengthen their practices. "We know the strength of a hospital is closely tied to the strength of the physicians in its community. That is why we made sure our new organization was structured to not only help support these practitioners, but also to closely integrate them with our new collaborative," Selden said.
The three hospitals did not provide details about the budget, expenses, or staffing for CHC but Sheldon said the object of the collaborative is to save money, not spend it, and that a small core CHC staff will operate between the three hospitals and work with existing staff.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers