OH Hospitals Launch Non-profit Collaborative
Tom Selden, president/CEO of Middleburg Heights-based Southwest General, said the collaborative will work with physicians in the region to strengthen their practices. "We know the strength of a hospital is closely tied to the strength of the physicians in its community. That is why we made sure our new organization was structured to not only help support these practitioners, but also to closely integrate them with our new collaborative," Selden said.
The three hospitals did not provide details about the budget, expenses, or staffing for CHC but Sheldon said the object of the collaborative is to save money, not spend it, and that a small core CHC staff will operate between the three hospitals and work with existing staff.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013