Sanford Health, WCH Merger Complete
Wheaton, population 1,600, is located 93 miles south of Fargo-Moorhead. Sanford Wheaton Medical Center employs 95 people, serving Traverse County and neighboring towns.
Sanford Health, an integrated health system headquartered in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD, is the largest, rural, not-for-profit healthcare system in the nation with a presence in 111 communities in eight states.
Sanford Health includes 32 hospitals, 111 clinic locations and more than 900 physicians in 70 specialty areas of medicine. With more than 20,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic