Sanford Health, WCH Merger Complete
Wheaton, population 1,600, is located 93 miles south of Fargo-Moorhead. Sanford Wheaton Medical Center employs 95 people, serving Traverse County and neighboring towns.
Sanford Health, an integrated health system headquartered in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD, is the largest, rural, not-for-profit healthcare system in the nation with a presence in 111 communities in eight states.
Sanford Health includes 32 hospitals, 111 clinic locations and more than 900 physicians in 70 specialty areas of medicine. With more than 20,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts