Sanford Health, WCH Merger Complete
Wheaton, population 1,600, is located 93 miles south of Fargo-Moorhead. Sanford Wheaton Medical Center employs 95 people, serving Traverse County and neighboring towns.
Sanford Health, an integrated health system headquartered in Fargo, ND and Sioux Falls, SD, is the largest, rural, not-for-profit healthcare system in the nation with a presence in 111 communities in eight states.
Sanford Health includes 32 hospitals, 111 clinic locations and more than 900 physicians in 70 specialty areas of medicine. With more than 20,000 employees, Sanford Health is the largest employer in North and South Dakota.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments