Duke LifePoint, MPMC Ink Operating Agreement
The deal marks the second affiliation with North Carolina hospitals for Duke Life Point. In June, the 110-bed Person Memorial Hospital in Roxboro announced a similar affiliation agreement.
Duke LifePoint said the collaboration provides the affiliated community hospitals with LifePoint's operational resources and experience in managing community-based hospitals, and Duke's clinical services and quality leadership.
"We are delighted about the opportunity to welcome Maria Parham Medical Center as the first hospital in the Duke LifePoint system," said William J. Fulkerson, Jr., MD, executive vice president of Duke University Health System. "As part of Duke LifePoint, the hospital will have access to the support it needs to better serve its community and prosper in the future."
Located 50 miles north of Raleigh, MPMC serves north central North Carolina and parts of southern Virginia.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement