Duke LifePoint, MPMC Ink Operating Agreement
The deal marks the second affiliation with North Carolina hospitals for Duke Life Point. In June, the 110-bed Person Memorial Hospital in Roxboro announced a similar affiliation agreement.
Duke LifePoint said the collaboration provides the affiliated community hospitals with LifePoint's operational resources and experience in managing community-based hospitals, and Duke's clinical services and quality leadership.
"We are delighted about the opportunity to welcome Maria Parham Medical Center as the first hospital in the Duke LifePoint system," said William J. Fulkerson, Jr., MD, executive vice president of Duke University Health System. "As part of Duke LifePoint, the hospital will have access to the support it needs to better serve its community and prosper in the future."
Located 50 miles north of Raleigh, MPMC serves north central North Carolina and parts of southern Virginia.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives