Duke LifePoint, MPMC Ink Operating Agreement
The deal marks the second affiliation with North Carolina hospitals for Duke Life Point. In June, the 110-bed Person Memorial Hospital in Roxboro announced a similar affiliation agreement.
Duke LifePoint said the collaboration provides the affiliated community hospitals with LifePoint's operational resources and experience in managing community-based hospitals, and Duke's clinical services and quality leadership.
"We are delighted about the opportunity to welcome Maria Parham Medical Center as the first hospital in the Duke LifePoint system," said William J. Fulkerson, Jr., MD, executive vice president of Duke University Health System. "As part of Duke LifePoint, the hospital will have access to the support it needs to better serve its community and prosper in the future."
Located 50 miles north of Raleigh, MPMC serves north central North Carolina and parts of southern Virginia.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants