Duke LifePoint, MPMC Ink Operating Agreement
The deal marks the second affiliation with North Carolina hospitals for Duke Life Point. In June, the 110-bed Person Memorial Hospital in Roxboro announced a similar affiliation agreement.
Duke LifePoint said the collaboration provides the affiliated community hospitals with LifePoint's operational resources and experience in managing community-based hospitals, and Duke's clinical services and quality leadership.
"We are delighted about the opportunity to welcome Maria Parham Medical Center as the first hospital in the Duke LifePoint system," said William J. Fulkerson, Jr., MD, executive vice president of Duke University Health System. "As part of Duke LifePoint, the hospital will have access to the support it needs to better serve its community and prosper in the future."
Located 50 miles north of Raleigh, MPMC serves north central North Carolina and parts of southern Virginia.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers