2011 Top Leadership Team Awards Recognize Big Moves
"Everyone involved in selecting this year's winners was so impressed with the hard work that these leadership teams did to make significant changes at their organizations. Each one has a compelling and unique story—but their experiences also hold lessons for all healthcare organizations that want to improve their patients' experience, the quality and patient safety of their clinical care, and their financial and business operations," Shaw said. The winners are:
- Banner Health, Phoenix, AZ, for Large Hospitals and Health Systems
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland, WA, for Community and Mid-Sized Hospitals
- Johnson County Community Hospital, Mountain City, TN, for Small Hospitals
- ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP, Tarrytown, NY, for Medical Group Practices
Large Hospitals / Health Systems
In the large hospitals and health systems category, the leadership team at Banner Health was recognized by the judges for implementing a five-step plan to industry leadership.
Community and Midsize Hospitals
Kadlec Regional Medical Center was singled out in the community and midsize hospitals category for the team's ambitious work toward becoming a world-class medical center.
Small and Rural Hospitals / Health Systems
In the small and rural hospitals category, Johnson County Community Hospital's leadership impressed the judges with its focus on satisfaction scores and adapting to the needs of a community that is resistant to and distrustful of change.
Medical Group Practices
And in the medical group practices category, ENT and Allergy Associates leadership team's work to reduce patient no-shows impressed the judges.
Each organization will be profiled in the October issue of HealthLeaders magazine. Information about the contest, and lists of previous winners may be viewed here.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality