2011 Top Leadership Team Awards Recognize Big Moves
"Everyone involved in selecting this year's winners was so impressed with the hard work that these leadership teams did to make significant changes at their organizations. Each one has a compelling and unique story—but their experiences also hold lessons for all healthcare organizations that want to improve their patients' experience, the quality and patient safety of their clinical care, and their financial and business operations," Shaw said. The winners are:
- Banner Health, Phoenix, AZ, for Large Hospitals and Health Systems
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Richland, WA, for Community and Mid-Sized Hospitals
- Johnson County Community Hospital, Mountain City, TN, for Small Hospitals
- ENT and Allergy Associates, LLP, Tarrytown, NY, for Medical Group Practices
Large Hospitals / Health Systems
In the large hospitals and health systems category, the leadership team at Banner Health was recognized by the judges for implementing a five-step plan to industry leadership.
Community and Midsize Hospitals
Kadlec Regional Medical Center was singled out in the community and midsize hospitals category for the team's ambitious work toward becoming a world-class medical center.
Small and Rural Hospitals / Health Systems
In the small and rural hospitals category, Johnson County Community Hospital's leadership impressed the judges with its focus on satisfaction scores and adapting to the needs of a community that is resistant to and distrustful of change.
Medical Group Practices
And in the medical group practices category, ENT and Allergy Associates leadership team's work to reduce patient no-shows impressed the judges.
Each organization will be profiled in the October issue of HealthLeaders magazine. Information about the contest, and lists of previous winners may be viewed here.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big