Sanford Unveils Designs for $360M Medical Center
By 2015, it is estimated that 7,178 Sanford employees will be needed to serve 200,000 people in the Fargo-Moorhead metro area. Sanford currently employs more than 5,600, the health system said.
"We believe we are building a healthcare campus of the future and providing new facilities which will support innovations in care and research discoveries close to home for all our communities," Lauris Molbert, Sanford Board of Trustees vice-chair said in a media release. "Through these developments, we are ensuring that our health system meets its goal to improve and expand access to the highest quality care."
Groundbreaking is expected in 2013, with completion in 2016. The 704,000 square foot, 11-story hospital will house Sanford's medical and surgical services, emergency medicine, and Centers of Excellence for heart, children's, women's, orthopedics/sports medicine. Highlights include: 30 operating rooms, 10 heart catheterization/interventional labs, 40 emergency treatment/trauma rooms, 300 clinic exam rooms, and space for 200 physicians and 2,700 employees.
In addition, Sanford plans a $30 million facilities upgrade for the Roger Maris Cancer Center at the downtown campus, which will be home to about 2,000 employees and will occupy about 200,000 square feet with 220 private rooms.
As the projects get underway, the Sanford Health Foundation will launch The Building Tomorrow Today Campaign to raise $50 million in endowment funding for perpetual support for the new facility, its programs and services, Sanford said.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations