Sanford Unveils Designs for $360M Medical Center
By 2015, it is estimated that 7,178 Sanford employees will be needed to serve 200,000 people in the Fargo-Moorhead metro area. Sanford currently employs more than 5,600, the health system said.
"We believe we are building a healthcare campus of the future and providing new facilities which will support innovations in care and research discoveries close to home for all our communities," Lauris Molbert, Sanford Board of Trustees vice-chair said in a media release. "Through these developments, we are ensuring that our health system meets its goal to improve and expand access to the highest quality care."
Groundbreaking is expected in 2013, with completion in 2016. The 704,000 square foot, 11-story hospital will house Sanford's medical and surgical services, emergency medicine, and Centers of Excellence for heart, children's, women's, orthopedics/sports medicine. Highlights include: 30 operating rooms, 10 heart catheterization/interventional labs, 40 emergency treatment/trauma rooms, 300 clinic exam rooms, and space for 200 physicians and 2,700 employees.
In addition, Sanford plans a $30 million facilities upgrade for the Roger Maris Cancer Center at the downtown campus, which will be home to about 2,000 employees and will occupy about 200,000 square feet with 220 private rooms.
As the projects get underway, the Sanford Health Foundation will launch The Building Tomorrow Today Campaign to raise $50 million in endowment funding for perpetual support for the new facility, its programs and services, Sanford said.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans