MSHA Submits Pioneer ACO Application
“We knew that what got us here wasn’t going to carry us forward.” Slattery said they began to see the ACO, with its triple aim focus - better health, better care and lower costs - as a sustainable model for the group.
With its 13 hospitals and 2,000 physicians, the Mountain States-Integrated Solutions team seems like a natural fit for the ACO healthcare delivery system, which emphasizes care coordination. MSHA already has in place the IT systems that will allow it to capture data on individual patients and follow them through their hospital treatments and physician office visits. Earlier this year it transitioned its 15,000 employees into CrestPoint Health to manage employee health and wellness in a more coordinated manner.
ACCESS. INSIGHT. ANALYSIS.
Join the HealthLeaders Media Council
Get members-only access to industry-wide intelligence, forecasts, and analysis positions your organization to benchmark against your peers, identify and respond to key trends shaping healthcare, and make sound business decisions.
Slattery said Mountain States expects to invest $4 million to $11 million into AnewCareCollaborative, which will manage the healthcare of an estimated 15,000 Medicare beneficiaries. About half of that money will go toward meeting licensure requirements for taking risk in Tennessee and Virginia. He explained that in aligning physicians and hospitals there “may be some capitation arrangements that will require us to become a payer.”
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement