Methodist Dallas Hospital Resolves Deficiencies
In a statement e-mailed to Healthleaders Media after the second survey, officials at Methodist Dallas noted that the 515-bed hospital followed national standards for nurse staffing and infection control protocols. It said the hospital has already taken action to correct the problems, including "instituting additional nursing education, strengthening surveillance to ensure adherence to policies and protocols, and reinforcing adherence through annual education and performance reviews."
Methodist Dallas also received notification last week that its accrediting organization, The Joint Commission, has granted the medical center full accreditation for continued Medicare certification until its next regularly scheduled survey in December, 2014. The 515-bed medical center is part of the five-hospital Methodist Health System.
"Surveyors from both TDSHS and Joint Commission were complimentary of our employees and medical staff, and our response to and preparation for the surveys," said Laura Irvine, president of Methodist Dallas Medical Center in a press statement. "I am proud that as evidenced by these surveys and other publicly-available local, regional, and national quality measurements, Methodist Dallas Medical Center has demonstrated our commitment to providing compassionate, quality care for the patients we serve."
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs