Baylor Health Care System, Scott & White to Merge
"What we realized is [we are] two very like-minded organizations. Like-minded in our commitment to our mission, our vision, our values, our commitment to patient care and to access to care for all," he said.
Baylor is the most preferred hospital in the 12-county Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. It recently opened a $350 million cancer complex which includes a 467,000-square-foot outpatient facility and the area's first dedicated cancer hospital with 96 beds.
Scott & White is 126-year old physician-owned healthcare system. It has access to 12-hospitals, and with more than 1,100 physicians on staff, is one of the largest group practices in the country. Scott & White also runs a health plan with over 240,000 members.
The merger will result in the largest nonprofit system in Texas with:
- 42 hospitals
- 350 patient care sites
- 4,000 doctors
- 34,000 employees
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals
- The Drug Price Reform Debate