Streamline Service Lines to Avert Brand Identity Crisis
Due to the wide array of logos, it was difficult for the community to see how all of LVHN's services worked together to create a network of care. "Once we explained that to folks they had a better appreciation for the need for a uniform graphic representation of the network, because ultimately it was helping our patients and community identify and access us,' she said.
LVHN marketers didn't yield when they faced push- back from service line directors because they understood the importance of service lines' relationship to branding. This feat is a crucial stage in the battle to reclaim your brand. Some marketers will shy away from rocking the boat with influential service line directors, but if you explain the organizational importance of creating one uniform brand most will come onboard.
Once LVHN had aligned its internal stakeholders, it launched a rebranding campaign in early 2008. Brand awareness has increased by about eight percentage points and usage has increased by about 3 percentage points since the campaign launched. The reason the branding initiative was so successful is because it was part of an organization-wide overhaul.
Going forward, LVHN marketers plan to continue to invest in the branding effort and explore the most relevant ways to deliver its message to consumers, based on market conditions and consumers' understanding of the network. Service line integration will remain at the forefront of the initiative.
Though streamlining service line brands can get messy, but it will only get worse if you don't address the problem head on. Logo confusion starts as a trickle, but almost always turns into an endless, gushing flow of despair and destruction that apparently no one can plug. We're still talking about hospitals, right?
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses