Extracting Hard Data from Facebook Campaigns
And if you choose to advertise through Facebook, even more data options are available to you. The ad platform allows you to buy cost-per-click and cost-per-impression ads. According to Levy, the analytics for these features include:
- Current bid
- Number of impressions
- Number of clicks
- Click-through rate
- Average cost-per-click or cost-per-impression
- Reports detailing advertising performance, responder demographics, and responder profiles
- Your total spend on the ad
These features are comparable to what Google ads offer, but allow you to target a more specific group of consumers. Not too shabby for a social network.
What's more, the data you gather on Facebook can be used to benefit other areas of your marketing program. For the June issue of Healthcare Marketing Advisor I spoke to Michelle Davis, director of marketing operations and community development at Lowell (MA) General Hospital, about the organization's new mommy blog. One of the reasons Davis decided to launch a site for local mothers is that she used Facebook Insight to determine that 67% of their fans were women and that the majority of women fans were between 18 and 44 years old.
It's not enough to simply create a Facebook page any more—you've got to cultivate a community and analyze that community's demographics and habits and use that information to create more effective campaigns.
Now there's a strategy that will make your CEO's eyes focus.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'