Extracting Hard Data from Facebook Campaigns
And if you choose to advertise through Facebook, even more data options are available to you. The ad platform allows you to buy cost-per-click and cost-per-impression ads. According to Levy, the analytics for these features include:
- Current bid
- Number of impressions
- Number of clicks
- Click-through rate
- Average cost-per-click or cost-per-impression
- Reports detailing advertising performance, responder demographics, and responder profiles
- Your total spend on the ad
These features are comparable to what Google ads offer, but allow you to target a more specific group of consumers. Not too shabby for a social network.
What's more, the data you gather on Facebook can be used to benefit other areas of your marketing program. For the June issue of Healthcare Marketing Advisor I spoke to Michelle Davis, director of marketing operations and community development at Lowell (MA) General Hospital, about the organization's new mommy blog. One of the reasons Davis decided to launch a site for local mothers is that she used Facebook Insight to determine that 67% of their fans were women and that the majority of women fans were between 18 and 44 years old.
It's not enough to simply create a Facebook page any more—you've got to cultivate a community and analyze that community's demographics and habits and use that information to create more effective campaigns.
Now there's a strategy that will make your CEO's eyes focus.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files