4 YouTube Best Practices for Healthcare Marketers
2. Promote like with like
To use YouTube effectively for enhancing hospital marketing efforts, an organization needs to already have a solid social media foundation in place.
This is largely because the easiest way to promote your videos is through your organization's Facebook and Twitter accounts. Not many Internet users will search for your video or YouTube channel spontaneously—you have to steer viewers to your content.
LMC uses Facebook and Twitter as a primary means of driving users to their videos and YouTube channel. They also provide a link to their channel in press releases, Shelley says.
You could also feature your YouTube channel URL on internal and external print ads, perhaps including a QR code linking to your latest video.
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- HL20: George Halvorson—Expectations for Success
- 3 Better Ways to Market Bariatric Surgery
- Top 3 Health Plan Game Changers of 2013
- AMCs React to Being Shut Out of Some Exchange Plans
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Q&A: Ardis Dee Hoven 'Optimistic' SGR Will Be Repealed
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- MUCking Around for New Quality Measures