4 YouTube Best Practices for Healthcare Marketers
2. Promote like with like
To use YouTube effectively for enhancing hospital marketing efforts, an organization needs to already have a solid social media foundation in place.
This is largely because the easiest way to promote your videos is through your organization's Facebook and Twitter accounts. Not many Internet users will search for your video or YouTube channel spontaneously—you have to steer viewers to your content.
LMC uses Facebook and Twitter as a primary means of driving users to their videos and YouTube channel. They also provide a link to their channel in press releases, Shelley says.
You could also feature your YouTube channel URL on internal and external print ads, perhaps including a QR code linking to your latest video.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014
- In 2015, Target Online Security or Be a Target