Hospitals Find their Place on Pinterest
It should come as no surprise that mainstream brands from Whole Foods to Nordstrom have been flocking to the site, and often with great success. Of course, hospitals want to get involved too, but it can be difficult to find healthcare's place among all of the crafts ideas and wedding tips and mac and cheese photos.
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is one of the early healthcare pioneers on Pinterest, creating its account at the start of this year. The marketing team tested the waters for a bit to get a feel for the online community before creating its first boards in March.
To date, CMN has three boards: "In the News," "Hospital Miracles," and "Champions."
"Pinterest has shown staggering growth over the past year, and we noticed our core supporters and followers were regularly posting Pinterest updates to Facebook and Twitter," says Clint Curry, CMN's senior public relations manager. "And with 170 hospitals, we are not lacking in visual stories to share."
Curry and his team first heavily relied on CMN's blog content to use as pins, but as they became more familiar with the site they began to single out Pinterest-specific stories, from special treatments or procedures happening at one of the CMN hospitals or a helpful article about keeping children healthy.
CMN's "Hospital Miracles" board features photographs of positive patient experiences at its 170 member hospitals. This board was an obvious choice, Curry says, because the organization already had a library of images to choose from.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations