Hike Referrals with Physician Liaisons
Using physician liaisons
Sutter did this largely by hiring six full-time physician liaisons, who have been charged with promoting key service lines, identifying and addressing barriers to accessing care, and other issues that impact Sutter's relationship with other physicians and hospitals. They are also working to increase connectivity between physicians in Sutter's network of care that spans Northern California.
Brickman has started to expand the physician referral program at Centura, focusing on using the liaisons to engage community-based physicians in discussions such as:
- What is or isn't working within hospitals?
- What can hospitals do to help improve the value of the doctor's practice?
- How can hospitals help solve operational and strategic issues?
Based on these answers, the health system can identify how physicians' business needs tie into the organization's existing or new strategies and bring solutions to these community physicians that engender loyalty and a greater level of comfort with the high quality that the hospital is trying to deliver.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers