Hike Referrals with Physician Liaisons
Using physician liaisons
Sutter did this largely by hiring six full-time physician liaisons, who have been charged with promoting key service lines, identifying and addressing barriers to accessing care, and other issues that impact Sutter's relationship with other physicians and hospitals. They are also working to increase connectivity between physicians in Sutter's network of care that spans Northern California.
Brickman has started to expand the physician referral program at Centura, focusing on using the liaisons to engage community-based physicians in discussions such as:
- What is or isn't working within hospitals?
- What can hospitals do to help improve the value of the doctor's practice?
- How can hospitals help solve operational and strategic issues?
Based on these answers, the health system can identify how physicians' business needs tie into the organization's existing or new strategies and bring solutions to these community physicians that engender loyalty and a greater level of comfort with the high quality that the hospital is trying to deliver.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- Building a Better Healthcare Board