3 Strategies for Powering Up Word-of-Mouth Healthcare Marketing
1. Leverage your employees
In April 2011 UK HealthCare launched a Runners Clinic, a monthly multidisciplinary clinic that offers a variety of evaluations and therapy geared toward enhancing speed and efficiency as well as preventing or treating injuries commonly associated with running.
Since the service line appeals to a large, active niche group, Gombeski knew he had to be creative about getting the word out. He started by making sure UK HealthCare employees knew about the clinic.
HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs
Strategic Solutions for the Readmissions Challenge
Successfully preventing readmissions requires many players to fill the gaps in the care continuum. In this HealthLeaders Media Breakthroughs report, we examine how four leading health systems—Griffin Hospital, Parkview Health, Sarasota Memorial HealthCare System, and UPMC Hamot—are moving the needle.
"We especially made sure that the doctors who run knew about it," he says. "The Runners Clinic itself consists of several doctors and physical therapists who all run."
Once the staff was informed of the clinics capabilities and benefits, they could begin to tell their family members, friends, and patients who run.
In fact, Dr. Lattermann, an orthopedic surgeon working at the clinic, posted about its services on his website.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs