Hospitals Tie In to Olympics' Goodwill
Jersey Shore University Medical Center and K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital
These two Meridian Health hospitals, both based in Neptune, NJ, have played U.S. Olympic soccer star Christie Rampone to their advantage this summer. She is publicized as Hovnanian's official spokesperson, and the two hospitals honored Rampone, defenseman and captain of her team, with a pep rally in late June to wish her well in London. The event at Jersey Shore University Medical Center drew hundreds of attendees and featured speeches, autographs, photos, and music.
Rampone partners with the hospitals because she believes in promoting wellness, exercise, safety, and healthy eating for kids.
"I have lived in Monmouth and Ocean counties for most of my life, and delivered both my daughters at Jersey Shore University Medical Center," she said in a release before the rally. "I am grateful for the opportunity to be the official spokesperson for K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital, and can't wait to meet my friends and supporters at the pep rally!"
K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital has also posted several videos of Rampone on YouTube, which have received several hundred views each.
Jersey Shore University Medical Center and K. Hovnanian Children's Hospital successfully took an Olympic connection and turned it into a rallying community event. Now, when many local residents watch Rampone play on TV over the next few weeks, they'll think of the two local hospitals with which she's affiliated.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts