Humana, FL Physicians Group Bundle Radiation Services
It employs or is affiliated with more than 500 physicians, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, and surgeons.
More than 130 employed radiation oncologists in 16 states are part of the Humana contract. While the precise number of patients covered under the contract is unknown, 21st Century's book of business with Humana involves more than one million patients.
The contract covers 13 of the most frequent diagnoses in 21st Century's practice, including cancers of the breast, lung, and prostate, as well as gastrointestinal and gynecological cancers, says Constantine A. Mantz, MD. He is the chief medical officer for the provider.
The bundles are based on ICD-9 codes and payment includes a very defined set of services, including patient consultation, the acquisition of CT scans and other imaging needed to plan the patient's radiation therapy, radiation dosimetry, treatment delivery, and follow up for 90 days.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US