Boosting Hospital Fundraising Through Song
So why music videos? The website states that music and medicine are more tied than ever as musical therapy is gaining mainstream acceptance in healthcare. But more than that, hospital marketers recognized an untapped opportunity in the online musical performance space.
"Sinai was seeking to develop a breakthrough communications concept leveraging social media to enhance our fundraising efforts," says David Frankel, vice president of planning, marketing, and communication for the hospital.
"SoundsofSinai.org is a unique and inspiring way for Sinai to raise money that is so needed to help purchase anything from new hospital beds to lifesaving medical equipment that will help us provide the best possible care for patients in our underserved communities."
Frankel and the hospital's executive leadership team worked with a small team of outside marketing and Web professionals to create and implement the Sounds of Sinai concept. The initiative is being rolled out externally and internally over the next several months.
- ACGME Chief Sees 'Huge' Risk of Error in Proposed Assistant Physician Licensure
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- CDC Expanding Quality of Care Efforts
- Hospitals Tops in Physician Benefits
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- PCPs Breaking Even on Mental Health Costs
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says