3 Outstanding Breast Cancer Awareness Campaigns
"Blow Away Breast Cancer" rally
On October 19, Nyack (NY) Hospital hosted its second annual "Blow Away Breast Cancer" rally, a pinwheel-themed event to raise awareness for the disease. Last year, rally attendees planted a pinwheel for each person they knew affected by breast cancer.
This year, the hospital added a twist by hosting a pinwheel-inspired bakers' battle, in which nine local bakeries participated. Check out a video of the event on the local Patch News page.
Once again, pinwheels were available for attendees to plant in honor of a loved one battling the disease. The hospital also partnered with a local grocery store, which sold pinwheels in exchange for donations, and a local restaurant, which hosted a "Blow Away Breast Cancer" 5K race.
Funds raised go toward helping the medically underserved receive education and screenings at Nyack Hospital's Breast Center. The fundraising goal this year was $10,000.
Like Dominican Hospitals, Nyack Hospital used its community connections to get the whole neighborhood involved. It's a safe bet that most residents have seen at least one piece of related promotional this month.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition