3 Outstanding Breast Cancer Awareness Campaigns
"Blow Away Breast Cancer" rally
On October 19, Nyack (NY) Hospital hosted its second annual "Blow Away Breast Cancer" rally, a pinwheel-themed event to raise awareness for the disease. Last year, rally attendees planted a pinwheel for each person they knew affected by breast cancer.
This year, the hospital added a twist by hosting a pinwheel-inspired bakers' battle, in which nine local bakeries participated. Check out a video of the event on the local Patch News page.
Once again, pinwheels were available for attendees to plant in honor of a loved one battling the disease. The hospital also partnered with a local grocery store, which sold pinwheels in exchange for donations, and a local restaurant, which hosted a "Blow Away Breast Cancer" 5K race.
Funds raised go toward helping the medically underserved receive education and screenings at Nyack Hospital's Breast Center. The fundraising goal this year was $10,000.
Like Dominican Hospitals, Nyack Hospital used its community connections to get the whole neighborhood involved. It's a safe bet that most residents have seen at least one piece of related promotional this month.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor