3 Outstanding Breast Cancer Awareness Campaigns
"Blow Away Breast Cancer" rally
On October 19, Nyack (NY) Hospital hosted its second annual "Blow Away Breast Cancer" rally, a pinwheel-themed event to raise awareness for the disease. Last year, rally attendees planted a pinwheel for each person they knew affected by breast cancer.
This year, the hospital added a twist by hosting a pinwheel-inspired bakers' battle, in which nine local bakeries participated. Check out a video of the event on the local Patch News page.
Once again, pinwheels were available for attendees to plant in honor of a loved one battling the disease. The hospital also partnered with a local grocery store, which sold pinwheels in exchange for donations, and a local restaurant, which hosted a "Blow Away Breast Cancer" 5K race.
Funds raised go toward helping the medically underserved receive education and screenings at Nyack Hospital's Breast Center. The fundraising goal this year was $10,000.
Like Dominican Hospitals, Nyack Hospital used its community connections to get the whole neighborhood involved. It's a safe bet that most residents have seen at least one piece of related promotional this month.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots