Four Powerful Service Line Marketing Tactics
Several key stakeholders, one page
It's critical to make sure all key stakeholders in your organization understand the goals and the means of the service line marketing effort. Otherwise it won't be long before the program begins to falter. To do this, you must first ascertain the priorities of all individuals involved and assure them that you can meet their needs.
"Do your homework by gathering the appropriate consumer data and engage physicians in the process in addition to senior management," Menefee says. "It is important that senior management recognize and support how the patient experience will impact the success of a campaign. Establish metrics in order to illustrate ROI. Then when you are prepared to launch the campaign, you have all of the buy-in internally for your effort."
Know your market
It may sound basic, but a thorough analysis of your key demographic and your competitors are crucial for any campaign's success, but especially so for service lines. You wouldn't believe how many organizations put out campaigns focusing on their own strengths without studying the position their competitors have taken. It's an easy step to overlook.
When promoting a service line, specificity is key. Don't just tell consumers that you have the most patient-centered cardiology department in the region, but rather describe the attributes that make it so. With your help, the patient will draw their own conclusions.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- New G-Code to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments