Four Powerful Service Line Marketing Tactics
Several key stakeholders, one page
It's critical to make sure all key stakeholders in your organization understand the goals and the means of the service line marketing effort. Otherwise it won't be long before the program begins to falter. To do this, you must first ascertain the priorities of all individuals involved and assure them that you can meet their needs.
"Do your homework by gathering the appropriate consumer data and engage physicians in the process in addition to senior management," Menefee says. "It is important that senior management recognize and support how the patient experience will impact the success of a campaign. Establish metrics in order to illustrate ROI. Then when you are prepared to launch the campaign, you have all of the buy-in internally for your effort."
Know your market
It may sound basic, but a thorough analysis of your key demographic and your competitors are crucial for any campaign's success, but especially so for service lines. You wouldn't believe how many organizations put out campaigns focusing on their own strengths without studying the position their competitors have taken. It's an easy step to overlook.
When promoting a service line, specificity is key. Don't just tell consumers that you have the most patient-centered cardiology department in the region, but rather describe the attributes that make it so. With your help, the patient will draw their own conclusions.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers