Top 3 Ways Hospitals Take Advantage of Holiday Cheer
1.Taking advantage of increased retail traffic
The best way to interact in person with potential patients during shopping-heavy holidays is to take your promotion to them. Or, more specifically, to the mall.
That's what Saint Barnabas Medical Center did in what might have been the most creative holiday initiative of the year. It took two Da Vinci Robotic Surgical Systems for shoppers to test drive at a nearby mall.
The Livingston, NJ, medical center displayed the robots from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on December 16, with doctors on hand to explain how the technology works and to help shoppers try their hand at manipulating the machine.
The event allowed physicians to explain the health benefits of minimally invasive procedures and garnered some press coverage in the process. Even some former patients showed up to see how the machine that helped with their surgery actually worked.
This is an innovative tactic that can be altered to fit any location or service line. Go to where people are, show them something interesting and/or entertaining, and explain the benefits of your services.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations