Top 3 Ways Hospitals Take Advantage of Holiday Cheer
1.Taking advantage of increased retail traffic
The best way to interact in person with potential patients during shopping-heavy holidays is to take your promotion to them. Or, more specifically, to the mall.
That's what Saint Barnabas Medical Center did in what might have been the most creative holiday initiative of the year. It took two Da Vinci Robotic Surgical Systems for shoppers to test drive at a nearby mall.
The Livingston, NJ, medical center displayed the robots from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on December 16, with doctors on hand to explain how the technology works and to help shoppers try their hand at manipulating the machine.
The event allowed physicians to explain the health benefits of minimally invasive procedures and garnered some press coverage in the process. Even some former patients showed up to see how the machine that helped with their surgery actually worked.
This is an innovative tactic that can be altered to fit any location or service line. Go to where people are, show them something interesting and/or entertaining, and explain the benefits of your services.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations