Top 3 Ways Hospitals Take Advantage of Holiday Cheer
1.Taking advantage of increased retail traffic
The best way to interact in person with potential patients during shopping-heavy holidays is to take your promotion to them. Or, more specifically, to the mall.
That's what Saint Barnabas Medical Center did in what might have been the most creative holiday initiative of the year. It took two Da Vinci Robotic Surgical Systems for shoppers to test drive at a nearby mall.
The Livingston, NJ, medical center displayed the robots from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on December 16, with doctors on hand to explain how the technology works and to help shoppers try their hand at manipulating the machine.
The event allowed physicians to explain the health benefits of minimally invasive procedures and garnered some press coverage in the process. Even some former patients showed up to see how the machine that helped with their surgery actually worked.
This is an innovative tactic that can be altered to fit any location or service line. Go to where people are, show them something interesting and/or entertaining, and explain the benefits of your services.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care
- HFMA: Revenue Cycle, Reimbursements Share the Spotlight
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion