Smart Hospital Sponsorships Lead to Community Engagement
Cohen Children's sponsors mall soft-play area
Cohen Children's Medical Center of New York recently sponsored a new soft play area at a nearby shopping center to help share wellness tips and to build its brand awareness in the community.
"Being a hospital, we have to figure out where we stand on wellness and prevention," Cohen Children's Executive Director Kevin McGeachy said in a media release. "It would be nice if we could close the hospital because we're so great at preventing illness. This sponsorship not only helps our brand because kids then associate our name with fun, but it gives us a continuous means of outreach and wellness education."
This sponsorship succeeds where the hospital sponsoring my race failed because leadership really thought out all the outreach opportunities. In addition to having its logo on display throughout the area, the medical center is conducting outreach events, such as a medical Build-A-Bear workshop, car seat safety information, and other health-related talks.
"I see this as a great way for us to leverage our brand and to achieve our community outreach goals," McGeachy said. "If it was just a play area with no opportunity for us to do education and prevention, I'm not sure I would have been interested. This play area gives us high, high visibility."
Sponsoring a children's play area or other child-friendly location is a strategy that most marketers can translate to their organization's branding plan. It's an effective way to reach the most sought-after target group: the healthcare decision maker.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments