Service Line Campaign Positioning Pays Off for MGUH
The place to come for a second opinion
In addition to primary consumers, the campaign also targeted those who might be looking for a second opinion on their treatment options.
"In some cases, patients are seen elsewhere and are told that they're not candidates for DBS, but because of our high volumes and advanced level of expertise, we can treat some of the more complex cases," Alcorn says. "This was also an important message for us to communicate."
Communicating both positions
To communicate these positioning messages as the brand image to patients, MGUH worked with Wilmington, DE-based creative agency ab+c to produce a series of banner ads and radio commercials promoting their deep brain stimulation program. To do this, ab+c stuck closely to the MedStar brand message "knowledge and compassion focused on you."
"Our goal was to identify ways to reach Parkinson's Disease patients and caregivers with a message that resonated with them and drove the to act," says Tom McGivney, managing partner and executive creative director for ab+c. "We also used this as an opportunity to focus on the safety and effectiveness of the procedure."
The 60-second radio spot features a patient testimonial that talks about everyday things the patient wasn't able to do because of Parkinson's disease. But, after deep brain stimulation treatment, he was able to get his life back. The banner ads also focus on quality of life by showing people with Parkinson's performing everyday activities.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big