Cigna Hits CAC Milestone
NPN is in three other collaborative care agreements with insurers. Two are active contracts, including the one with Cigna. Two others are waiting for approval from the state insurance commissioner: Aetna and Regence BlueShield. NPN is also a strategic partner with Franciscan Health System. The two organizations started a joint venture ACO this year with a contract from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Patricia Briggs, CEO of NPN says it has been collaborating and coordinating care for patients since it incorporated in 1995. While each collaborative care arrangement has positive aspects, Briggs says she is excited about the partnership with Cigna because the insurer is proactively promoting the new CAC.
"Cigna is doing a good job of informing [and] getting their members involved right at the beginning," says Briggs.
Cigna is promoting the arrangement by highlighting NPN as a "high quality provider of care" in its provider directories. Mary O'Neill, MD, Cigna's senior medical director for Washington says it is also reaching out to its group members.
"We have increasingly been asked by employers to feature the most effective members of our network. Some of them are even willing to affect their benefit structure around this," says O'Neill. "Some of them have been inviting people to come by during open enrollment or a health fair to talk about how their healthcare management model would work for individual employees and their dependents."
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- US health system among least efficient before Obamacare