Feds Charge 94 Suspects in Five-city Medicare Fraud Sweep
In addition to the arrests, law enforcement agents are executing search warrants for ongoing healthcare fraud investigations.
Since its inception in March 2007, the Strike Force has obtained indictments of more than 810 people and organizations that collectively have billed Medicare for more than $1.85 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Insurers' listings of in-network doctors often out of date
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- How to navigate big data in healthcare
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- Opinion: What healthcare can learn from CHS data breach