Feds Charge 94 Suspects in Five-city Medicare Fraud Sweep
In addition to the arrests, law enforcement agents are executing search warrants for ongoing healthcare fraud investigations.
Since its inception in March 2007, the Strike Force has obtained indictments of more than 810 people and organizations that collectively have billed Medicare for more than $1.85 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'