Feds Charge 94 Suspects in Five-city Medicare Fraud Sweep
In addition to the arrests, law enforcement agents are executing search warrants for ongoing healthcare fraud investigations.
Since its inception in March 2007, the Strike Force has obtained indictments of more than 810 people and organizations that collectively have billed Medicare for more than $1.85 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question