Feds Charge 94 Suspects in Five-city Medicare Fraud Sweep
In addition to the arrests, law enforcement agents are executing search warrants for ongoing healthcare fraud investigations.
Since its inception in March 2007, the Strike Force has obtained indictments of more than 810 people and organizations that collectively have billed Medicare for more than $1.85 billion.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Q&A: Catholic Health Initiatives' New Senior VP for Capital Finance
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Hospital Pricing Irks Nurses; More Jobs, Less Pay
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants