HCPro Announces Nursing Image Awards
"Karen is a visionary leader who mentors all, shares knowledge through writing and speaking engagements, achieves terrific clinical outcomes and creatively communicates them to her team, and focuses on leadership development and caregiver safety," says judge Melissa Fitzpatrick, vice president and chief clinical officer for Hill-Rom.
"Karen is a leader, mentor, educator and change agent for multiple initiatives," says judge, Bonnie Clair, retention project manager, human resources/recruitment and retention at CoxHealth in Springfield, MO. "She is an exceptionally well-rounded RN who exemplifies visionary nursing leadership at its finest."
As well as visionary leadership, the awards also recognize clinical excellence. This year's winner of the Image of Nursing in Clinical Practice Award is Rebecca Schorn, nurse clinician level 4 in the PICU at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE.
Schorn practices exemplary evidence-based nursing in the PICU, where she serves as a role model for professional practice to both novice nurses and more experienced peers. She serves in a direct care role providing evidence-based, hands-on nursing care, while at the same time ministering to the emotional and spiritual needs of her patients and their families, and she also serves as a preceptor and mentor to new nurses.
In addition, her dedication to healing has taken her to Uganda, Honduras, and Mongolia as part of her work Samaritan's Purse Children's Heart Project, transporting children with congenital heart defects from their homelands to hospitals in the United States for treatment.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files