Anatomy of a Nursing Image Awards Nominee
Passion and energy
It's no surprise that among the best leaders are those who have passion for the profession and are able to ignite passion in others with their energy:
"She inspires and ignites passion to attain goals by developing people as she guides and instructs on new and innovative ways to care for patients."
"She exemplifies all that is best about the profession of nursing: clinical excellence, care and compassion, pride and leadership and absolutely lives and embodies the vision of pride, passion and professionalism of nursing practice."
Mentoring the next generation
A common theme among many nominees is their attention to nurturing the next generation of nurse leaders. Many have led the way in understanding the importance of developing new graduates by creating nurse residency programs.
"The residency program enhances the clinical support for these new graduates by providing trained mentors and preceptors while also offering greater understanding of how the organization functions as a whole. Consequently, a mechanism was created for new nurses to assimilate into a fast-paced healthcare environment with the support they need to be successful with their career choice."
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments