Anatomy of a Nursing Image Awards Nominee
Passion and energy
It's no surprise that among the best leaders are those who have passion for the profession and are able to ignite passion in others with their energy:
"She inspires and ignites passion to attain goals by developing people as she guides and instructs on new and innovative ways to care for patients."
"She exemplifies all that is best about the profession of nursing: clinical excellence, care and compassion, pride and leadership and absolutely lives and embodies the vision of pride, passion and professionalism of nursing practice."
Mentoring the next generation
A common theme among many nominees is their attention to nurturing the next generation of nurse leaders. Many have led the way in understanding the importance of developing new graduates by creating nurse residency programs.
"The residency program enhances the clinical support for these new graduates by providing trained mentors and preceptors while also offering greater understanding of how the organization functions as a whole. Consequently, a mechanism was created for new nurses to assimilate into a fast-paced healthcare environment with the support they need to be successful with their career choice."
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations