Anatomy of a Nursing Image Awards Nominee
Passion and energy
It's no surprise that among the best leaders are those who have passion for the profession and are able to ignite passion in others with their energy:
"She inspires and ignites passion to attain goals by developing people as she guides and instructs on new and innovative ways to care for patients."
"She exemplifies all that is best about the profession of nursing: clinical excellence, care and compassion, pride and leadership and absolutely lives and embodies the vision of pride, passion and professionalism of nursing practice."
Mentoring the next generation
A common theme among many nominees is their attention to nurturing the next generation of nurse leaders. Many have led the way in understanding the importance of developing new graduates by creating nurse residency programs.
"The residency program enhances the clinical support for these new graduates by providing trained mentors and preceptors while also offering greater understanding of how the organization functions as a whole. Consequently, a mechanism was created for new nurses to assimilate into a fast-paced healthcare environment with the support they need to be successful with their career choice."
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014