Nurse-Led Clinics Battle Readmissions
"Many family practices don't have enough time to focus on this, so we will provide as much education as the patient needs," she said in a statement.
Nurses play a pivotal role in providing these very basic, but too often unmet needs in the community. It's almost strange to think about such simple interventions such as making sure patients
- Understand their health conditions,
- Know how to take their medications properly,
- Have access to programs that can help them financially
is one that's so influential, but is also so easy to overlook. Nurses, without even dispensing medicines, can act as powerful agents of change for patients who might have otherwise slipped through the cracks.
The benefit isn't only for patients, however.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?