CMS Proposal on Hospital Outpatient Payment Panel Open for Comment
Initiation of this service is defined as the beginning portion of the service until the supervising physician or non-physician practitioner determines the patient is stable and the remainder of the service can be delivered safely under general supervision, she adds.
The supervising physician must document the transition from direct to general supervision in the patient's medical record.
CMS also detailed the services for which CMS did not accept the panel's recommendations that they be furnished under general supervision.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty