CMS Proposal on Hospital Outpatient Payment Panel Open for Comment
Initiation of this service is defined as the beginning portion of the service until the supervising physician or non-physician practitioner determines the patient is stable and the remainder of the service can be delivered safely under general supervision, she adds.
The supervising physician must document the transition from direct to general supervision in the patient's medical record.
CMS also detailed the services for which CMS did not accept the panel's recommendations that they be furnished under general supervision.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away