CMS Proposal on Hospital Outpatient Payment Panel Open for Comment
Initiation of this service is defined as the beginning portion of the service until the supervising physician or non-physician practitioner determines the patient is stable and the remainder of the service can be delivered safely under general supervision, she adds.
The supervising physician must document the transition from direct to general supervision in the patient's medical record.
CMS also detailed the services for which CMS did not accept the panel's recommendations that they be furnished under general supervision.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- In 2015, Target Online Security or Be a Target