CMS Proposal on Hospital Outpatient Payment Panel Open for Comment
Initiation of this service is defined as the beginning portion of the service until the supervising physician or non-physician practitioner determines the patient is stable and the remainder of the service can be delivered safely under general supervision, she adds.
The supervising physician must document the transition from direct to general supervision in the patient's medical record.
CMS also detailed the services for which CMS did not accept the panel's recommendations that they be furnished under general supervision.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009