Business Roundup: Cadence Health, Rockford Health System to Merge
RHS is the largest health system in northwestern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, with nearly 1 million patient visits each year. The system includes: Rockford Memorial Hospital, a regional, tertiary care hospital with 396 licensed beds and a medical staff of more than 440 physicians; the Rockford Health Physicians physician group with 168 physicians in 34 medical specialties; the Visiting Nurses Association, providing home care, hospice and medical equipment; its fundraising arm, the Rockford Memorial Development Foundation; and Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, a 55-bed freestanding rehabilitation hospital.
Cadence provides healthcare to the more than 1.1 million patients in Chicago's western suburbs. The system was formed in March 2011 as a result of the merger between Central DuPage Health System based in Winfield, and Delnor Community Health System based in Geneva, IL. Cadence Health employs more than 7,400 people and includes Cadence Physician Group, a local network of more than 250 primary care physicians and specialists on the medical staff at CDH or Delnor Hospital.
Rome (NY) Memorial Hospital Explores Collaboration with Bassett Medical Center
Rome (NY) Memorial Hospital and Bassett Medical Center said they have signed a non-binding letter of intent to develop a collaborative relationship. Now the two health systems will open a due diligence process of at least six months to finalize an agreement that would enable RMH to become a corporate affiliate of Bassett while remaining an operationally distinct hospital with local autonomy, RMH President/CEO Basil J. Ariglio said in prepared remarks.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised