Unauthorized Employee Signs Off on Mammograms
According to news reports, Moldovan said the inappropriate signing off on these mammograms without a radiologist's review came to light April 2. Subsequently, the individual confessed on April 5 that she had signed off on the mammograms as if she were the radiologist.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files