MGMA: Physicians Taking On-call Compensation in Growing Numbers
Holiday and weekend on-call rates also varied by specialty. Almost all reporting physician specialties received higher holiday rates than weekend rates. Radiologists received $700 more for a holiday rate than a weekend rate. Orthopedists earned a median compensation of $1,025 for holidays. OB/GYN physicians reported a median on-call holiday rate of $125, the survey showed.
MGMA said its survey contains data on 3,084 on-call providers in 264 medical organizations and 1,529 medical directorships in 255 medical organizations.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots