MGMA: Physicians Taking On-call Compensation in Growing Numbers
Holiday and weekend on-call rates also varied by specialty. Almost all reporting physician specialties received higher holiday rates than weekend rates. Radiologists received $700 more for a holiday rate than a weekend rate. Orthopedists earned a median compensation of $1,025 for holidays. OB/GYN physicians reported a median on-call holiday rate of $125, the survey showed.
MGMA said its survey contains data on 3,084 on-call providers in 264 medical organizations and 1,529 medical directorships in 255 medical organizations.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty