MGMA: Physicians Taking On-call Compensation in Growing Numbers
Holiday and weekend on-call rates also varied by specialty. Almost all reporting physician specialties received higher holiday rates than weekend rates. Radiologists received $700 more for a holiday rate than a weekend rate. Orthopedists earned a median compensation of $1,025 for holidays. OB/GYN physicians reported a median on-call holiday rate of $125, the survey showed.
MGMA said its survey contains data on 3,084 on-call providers in 264 medical organizations and 1,529 medical directorships in 255 medical organizations.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances