MGMA: Physicians Taking On-call Compensation in Growing Numbers
Holiday and weekend on-call rates also varied by specialty. Almost all reporting physician specialties received higher holiday rates than weekend rates. Radiologists received $700 more for a holiday rate than a weekend rate. Orthopedists earned a median compensation of $1,025 for holidays. OB/GYN physicians reported a median on-call holiday rate of $125, the survey showed.
MGMA said its survey contains data on 3,084 on-call providers in 264 medical organizations and 1,529 medical directorships in 255 medical organizations.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make