MGMA: Physicians Taking On-call Compensation in Growing Numbers
Holiday and weekend on-call rates also varied by specialty. Almost all reporting physician specialties received higher holiday rates than weekend rates. Radiologists received $700 more for a holiday rate than a weekend rate. Orthopedists earned a median compensation of $1,025 for holidays. OB/GYN physicians reported a median on-call holiday rate of $125, the survey showed.
MGMA said its survey contains data on 3,084 on-call providers in 264 medical organizations and 1,529 medical directorships in 255 medical organizations.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers