Oncologist Sentenced in Medicare Drug Scam
At Monday's sentencing hearing, Justice did not contest government claims that he violated his plea agreement by continuing to submit fraudulent bills after he signed the agreement in March 2010.
In addition to the prison term, Justice was ordered to pay $1,004,689 in restitution.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers