Oncologist Sentenced in Medicare Drug Scam
At Monday's sentencing hearing, Justice did not contest government claims that he violated his plea agreement by continuing to submit fraudulent bills after he signed the agreement in March 2010.
In addition to the prison term, Justice was ordered to pay $1,004,689 in restitution.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- Strategically, Physicians Make Room for RNs