Oncologist Sentenced in Medicare Drug Scam
At Monday's sentencing hearing, Justice did not contest government claims that he violated his plea agreement by continuing to submit fraudulent bills after he signed the agreement in March 2010.
In addition to the prison term, Justice was ordered to pay $1,004,689 in restitution.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Mulls Income-Adjusting MA Stars
- Providers Prep for New Payment Models as Population Health Grows
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- 3 Ways to Rev Employee Development Programs
- Transforming Decision Support and Reporting
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Aligning Executive Compensation with Provider Mission
- Nurse Ethics Comes to a Head at Guantanamo Bay
- In Lakeport, CA, a Population Health Laboratory is Born
- 6 Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health