Oncologist Sentenced in Medicare Drug Scam
At Monday's sentencing hearing, Justice did not contest government claims that he violated his plea agreement by continuing to submit fraudulent bills after he signed the agreement in March 2010.
In addition to the prison term, Justice was ordered to pay $1,004,689 in restitution.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments