VA Issues Final Rule on Agent Orange Exposure
For new claims, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the effective date of the regulation or to one year before the date VA receives the application—whichever is later. For pending claims and claims that were previously denied, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the date it received the claim.
The VA also has available a website that permits patients and others to get an inside view on how care is delivered and offers suggestions on how to file a claim for presumptive conditions related to herbicide exposure.
Janice Simmons is a senior editor and Washington, DC, correspondent for HealthLeaders Media Online. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees