VA Issues Final Rule on Agent Orange Exposure
For new claims, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the effective date of the regulation or to one year before the date VA receives the application—whichever is later. For pending claims and claims that were previously denied, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the date it received the claim.
The VA also has available a website that permits patients and others to get an inside view on how care is delivered and offers suggestions on how to file a claim for presumptive conditions related to herbicide exposure.
Janice Simmons is a senior editor and Washington, DC, correspondent for HealthLeaders Media Online. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers