VA Issues Final Rule on Agent Orange Exposure
For new claims, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the effective date of the regulation or to one year before the date VA receives the application—whichever is later. For pending claims and claims that were previously denied, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the date it received the claim.
The VA also has available a website that permits patients and others to get an inside view on how care is delivered and offers suggestions on how to file a claim for presumptive conditions related to herbicide exposure.
Janice Simmons is a senior editor and Washington, DC, correspondent for HealthLeaders Media Online. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians