VA Issues Final Rule on Agent Orange Exposure
For new claims, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the effective date of the regulation or to one year before the date VA receives the application—whichever is later. For pending claims and claims that were previously denied, VA may pay benefits retroactive to the date it received the claim.
The VA also has available a website that permits patients and others to get an inside view on how care is delivered and offers suggestions on how to file a claim for presumptive conditions related to herbicide exposure.
Janice Simmons is a senior editor and Washington, DC, correspondent for HealthLeaders Media Online. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations