Humana, FL Physicians Group Bundle Radiation Services
It employs or is affiliated with more than 500 physicians, including radiation oncologists and other cancer-related specialists such as urologists, medical oncologists, hematologists, gynecologic oncologists, and surgeons.
More than 130 employed radiation oncologists in 16 states are part of the Humana contract. While the precise number of patients covered under the contract is unknown, 21st Century's book of business with Humana involves more than one million patients.
The contract covers 13 of the most frequent diagnoses in 21st Century's practice, including cancers of the breast, lung, and prostate, as well as gastrointestinal and gynecological cancers, says Constantine A. Mantz, MD. He is the chief medical officer for the provider.
The bundles are based on ICD-9 codes and payment includes a very defined set of services, including patient consultation, the acquisition of CT scans and other imaging needed to plan the patient's radiation therapy, radiation dosimetry, treatment delivery, and follow up for 90 days.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- How the high cost of medical care is affecting Americans
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Dr. Oz gets fact-checked and the results aren't pretty