BCBS of TN Hard Drive Theft Now Threatens 1 Million Customers
Additionally, 312,284 current and former members have been identified in the Tier 2 category, which includes name, address, BlueCross member ID number, date of birth, and/or diagnosis. So far, 146,612 Tier 2 members have received notifications.
The number of members reported in the Tier 2 category is larger because of BlueCross' decision to offer remediation services to all family members associated with the specific subscriber ID number identified during the data audit process. This decision was made to ensure all potentially at-risk members are protected.
So far, 24,780 members have contacted Equifax to begin a free credit monitoring service offered to members in Tier 3. Another 2,512 members have started LifeLock services for minors in Tier 3. All 998,422 members and former members have been enrolled in the Kroll ID Theft Smart program.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT