BCBS of TN Hard Drive Theft Now Threatens 1 Million Customers
Additionally, 312,284 current and former members have been identified in the Tier 2 category, which includes name, address, BlueCross member ID number, date of birth, and/or diagnosis. So far, 146,612 Tier 2 members have received notifications.
The number of members reported in the Tier 2 category is larger because of BlueCross' decision to offer remediation services to all family members associated with the specific subscriber ID number identified during the data audit process. This decision was made to ensure all potentially at-risk members are protected.
So far, 24,780 members have contacted Equifax to begin a free credit monitoring service offered to members in Tier 3. Another 2,512 members have started LifeLock services for minors in Tier 3. All 998,422 members and former members have been enrolled in the Kroll ID Theft Smart program.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges