BCBS of TN Hard Drive Theft Now Threatens 1 Million Customers
Additionally, 312,284 current and former members have been identified in the Tier 2 category, which includes name, address, BlueCross member ID number, date of birth, and/or diagnosis. So far, 146,612 Tier 2 members have received notifications.
The number of members reported in the Tier 2 category is larger because of BlueCross' decision to offer remediation services to all family members associated with the specific subscriber ID number identified during the data audit process. This decision was made to ensure all potentially at-risk members are protected.
So far, 24,780 members have contacted Equifax to begin a free credit monitoring service offered to members in Tier 3. Another 2,512 members have started LifeLock services for minors in Tier 3. All 998,422 members and former members have been enrolled in the Kroll ID Theft Smart program.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington