BCBS Illinois Partners With Device Maker to Fight HAIs
"Through this new partnership, Illinois-based hospitals will now work together to find and deploy the most effective methods to prevent infections. Beyond the vital effort to enhance patient safety, the hospitals also should benefit from a reduction in operating costs and improved data reporting to meet regulatory requirements."
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has an estimated seven million enrollees and is the largest insurance company in the state. San Diego-based CareFusion is a provider of products and services aimed at reducing medication errors and hospital-acquired infections in hospitals and clinics.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System