BCBS Illinois Partners With Device Maker to Fight HAIs
"Through this new partnership, Illinois-based hospitals will now work together to find and deploy the most effective methods to prevent infections. Beyond the vital effort to enhance patient safety, the hospitals also should benefit from a reduction in operating costs and improved data reporting to meet regulatory requirements."
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has an estimated seven million enrollees and is the largest insurance company in the state. San Diego-based CareFusion is a provider of products and services aimed at reducing medication errors and hospital-acquired infections in hospitals and clinics.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans