BCBS Illinois Partners With Device Maker to Fight HAIs
"Through this new partnership, Illinois-based hospitals will now work together to find and deploy the most effective methods to prevent infections. Beyond the vital effort to enhance patient safety, the hospitals also should benefit from a reduction in operating costs and improved data reporting to meet regulatory requirements."
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has an estimated seven million enrollees and is the largest insurance company in the state. San Diego-based CareFusion is a provider of products and services aimed at reducing medication errors and hospital-acquired infections in hospitals and clinics.
Cheryl Clark is senior quality editor and California correspondent for HealthLeaders Media. She is a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists.
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Sam Foote, MD—The Courage to Speak Up
- HL20: Derek Angus, MD—An Intense Focus on Care
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics