MD Appeals Court Upholds State's Physician Self-Referral Ban
"The College continues to push for further legislative action that would discourage financially motivated self-referral and to educate lawmakers at all levels of government regarding sound imaging and radiation therapy policy," Patti said.
Potomac Valley Orthopaedic Associates, et al. v. Maryland State Board of Physicians, et al may be viewed here.
Diagnostic Imaging Uses 57% of the Cost of Cancer Care
CDS Reduces Rate of Imaging Test Orders by 25% in Study
High-Dose Radiation Imaging Guidelines Inadequate, Researchers Say
Medicare Pays Non-Radiologists More than Radiologists for MRI, CT
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer