MD Appeals Court Upholds State's Physician Self-Referral Ban
"The College continues to push for further legislative action that would discourage financially motivated self-referral and to educate lawmakers at all levels of government regarding sound imaging and radiation therapy policy," Patti said.
Potomac Valley Orthopaedic Associates, et al. v. Maryland State Board of Physicians, et al may be viewed here.
Diagnostic Imaging Uses 57% of the Cost of Cancer Care
CDS Reduces Rate of Imaging Test Orders by 25% in Study
High-Dose Radiation Imaging Guidelines Inadequate, Researchers Say
Medicare Pays Non-Radiologists More than Radiologists for MRI, CT
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue