Health Net Breach Grabs Top Spot on OCR List
IBM, a business associate of Health Net that manages its IT infrastructure, notified the insurer that it could not locate several server drivers. IBM manages Health Net's IT infrastructure.
The OCR previously listed the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) as having the largest breach. HHC's breach affected 1.7 million affected patients, staff, contractors, vendors, and others who were treated by and/or provided services during the past 20 years after personal information was stolen from a van of a business associate in Manhattan.
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- HFMA: Patient Financial Interaction Guidelines Sharpened
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Data Collaborative Taps Predictive Analytics to Coordinate Care