Health Net Breach Grabs Top Spot on OCR List
IBM, a business associate of Health Net that manages its IT infrastructure, notified the insurer that it could not locate several server drivers. IBM manages Health Net's IT infrastructure.
The OCR previously listed the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) as having the largest breach. HHC's breach affected 1.7 million affected patients, staff, contractors, vendors, and others who were treated by and/or provided services during the past 20 years after personal information was stolen from a van of a business associate in Manhattan.
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy