Health Net Breach Grabs Top Spot on OCR List
IBM, a business associate of Health Net that manages its IT infrastructure, notified the insurer that it could not locate several server drivers. IBM manages Health Net's IT infrastructure.
The OCR previously listed the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) as having the largest breach. HHC's breach affected 1.7 million affected patients, staff, contractors, vendors, and others who were treated by and/or provided services during the past 20 years after personal information was stolen from a van of a business associate in Manhattan.
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big