Health Net Breach Grabs Top Spot on OCR List
IBM, a business associate of Health Net that manages its IT infrastructure, notified the insurer that it could not locate several server drivers. IBM manages Health Net's IT infrastructure.
The OCR previously listed the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) as having the largest breach. HHC's breach affected 1.7 million affected patients, staff, contractors, vendors, and others who were treated by and/or provided services during the past 20 years after personal information was stolen from a van of a business associate in Manhattan.
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians