Health Net Breach Grabs Top Spot on OCR List
IBM, a business associate of Health Net that manages its IT infrastructure, notified the insurer that it could not locate several server drivers. IBM manages Health Net's IT infrastructure.
The OCR previously listed the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) as having the largest breach. HHC's breach affected 1.7 million affected patients, staff, contractors, vendors, and others who were treated by and/or provided services during the past 20 years after personal information was stolen from a van of a business associate in Manhattan.
Dom Nicastro is a contributing writer. He edits the Medical Records Briefings newsletter and manages the HIPAA Update Blog.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness