Physician Groups Update E-Prescribing Guidelines
"When this tool was first developed three years ago, it proved immensely valuable to clinicians," said William F. Jessee, MD, president/CEO of MGMA and board chair for e-HI, in the release. "The 2011 revisions bring the guide up to date with the rapid changes in this arena and make it essential reading for every prescriber."
The guide was issued after input from healthcare stakeholders, including Quincy Medical Group, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Excellus, Walgreens, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The 2011 edition of A Clinician's Guide to Electronic Prescribing is available at: American Medical Association, Medical Group Management Association, and The Center for Improving Medication Management.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal