Physician Groups Update E-Prescribing Guidelines
"When this tool was first developed three years ago, it proved immensely valuable to clinicians," said William F. Jessee, MD, president/CEO of MGMA and board chair for e-HI, in the release. "The 2011 revisions bring the guide up to date with the rapid changes in this arena and make it essential reading for every prescriber."
The guide was issued after input from healthcare stakeholders, including Quincy Medical Group, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Excellus, Walgreens, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The 2011 edition of A Clinician's Guide to Electronic Prescribing is available at: American Medical Association, Medical Group Management Association, and The Center for Improving Medication Management.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application