Physician Groups Update E-Prescribing Guidelines
"When this tool was first developed three years ago, it proved immensely valuable to clinicians," said William F. Jessee, MD, president/CEO of MGMA and board chair for e-HI, in the release. "The 2011 revisions bring the guide up to date with the rapid changes in this arena and make it essential reading for every prescriber."
The guide was issued after input from healthcare stakeholders, including Quincy Medical Group, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Excellus, Walgreens, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The 2011 edition of A Clinician's Guide to Electronic Prescribing is available at: American Medical Association, Medical Group Management Association, and The Center for Improving Medication Management.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots