Physician Groups Update E-Prescribing Guidelines
"When this tool was first developed three years ago, it proved immensely valuable to clinicians," said William F. Jessee, MD, president/CEO of MGMA and board chair for e-HI, in the release. "The 2011 revisions bring the guide up to date with the rapid changes in this arena and make it essential reading for every prescriber."
The guide was issued after input from healthcare stakeholders, including Quincy Medical Group, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Excellus, Walgreens, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The 2011 edition of A Clinician's Guide to Electronic Prescribing is available at: American Medical Association, Medical Group Management Association, and The Center for Improving Medication Management.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals