Physician Groups Update E-Prescribing Guidelines
"When this tool was first developed three years ago, it proved immensely valuable to clinicians," said William F. Jessee, MD, president/CEO of MGMA and board chair for e-HI, in the release. "The 2011 revisions bring the guide up to date with the rapid changes in this arena and make it essential reading for every prescriber."
The guide was issued after input from healthcare stakeholders, including Quincy Medical Group, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Excellus, Walgreens, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
The 2011 edition of A Clinician's Guide to Electronic Prescribing is available at: American Medical Association, Medical Group Management Association, and The Center for Improving Medication Management.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013