MU Payments Yield $75M Payday for EHR Participants
Medicare EHR incentive program payments will continue to be made on a monthly basis.
The maximum first-year incentive payment for eligible professionals is $18,000. Hospital payments are based on several factors but begin with a $2 million base.
In their second year and subsequent years of participation in the program, providers must demonstrate meaningful use based on a full year reporting period.
Intelligence Report E-Health Systems: Opportunities and Obstacles FREE DOWNLOAD.
Including the $83.3 million in incentive paid for the Medicaid EHR program, CMS has now distributed $158.3 million in incentives. The Medicaid incentives were distributed to eligible professionals and hospitals between Jan. 3 and April 29, 2011 by state Medicaid EHR incentive programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014