MU Payments Yield $75M Payday for EHR Participants
Medicare EHR incentive program payments will continue to be made on a monthly basis.
The maximum first-year incentive payment for eligible professionals is $18,000. Hospital payments are based on several factors but begin with a $2 million base.
In their second year and subsequent years of participation in the program, providers must demonstrate meaningful use based on a full year reporting period.
Intelligence Report E-Health Systems: Opportunities and Obstacles FREE DOWNLOAD.
Including the $83.3 million in incentive paid for the Medicaid EHR program, CMS has now distributed $158.3 million in incentives. The Medicaid incentives were distributed to eligible professionals and hospitals between Jan. 3 and April 29, 2011 by state Medicaid EHR incentive programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers