MU Payments Yield $75M Payday for EHR Participants
Medicare EHR incentive program payments will continue to be made on a monthly basis.
The maximum first-year incentive payment for eligible professionals is $18,000. Hospital payments are based on several factors but begin with a $2 million base.
In their second year and subsequent years of participation in the program, providers must demonstrate meaningful use based on a full year reporting period.
Intelligence Report E-Health Systems: Opportunities and Obstacles FREE DOWNLOAD.
Including the $83.3 million in incentive paid for the Medicaid EHR program, CMS has now distributed $158.3 million in incentives. The Medicaid incentives were distributed to eligible professionals and hospitals between Jan. 3 and April 29, 2011 by state Medicaid EHR incentive programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Rules to Rein in HIX Narrow Networks Could Drive Away Payers
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model