MU Payments Yield $75M Payday for EHR Participants
Medicare EHR incentive program payments will continue to be made on a monthly basis.
The maximum first-year incentive payment for eligible professionals is $18,000. Hospital payments are based on several factors but begin with a $2 million base.
In their second year and subsequent years of participation in the program, providers must demonstrate meaningful use based on a full year reporting period.
Intelligence Report E-Health Systems: Opportunities and Obstacles FREE DOWNLOAD.
Including the $83.3 million in incentive paid for the Medicaid EHR program, CMS has now distributed $158.3 million in incentives. The Medicaid incentives were distributed to eligible professionals and hospitals between Jan. 3 and April 29, 2011 by state Medicaid EHR incentive programs.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers