PRMC Joins Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network
The news of the research initiative comes one day after Civista Health System in Charles County, MD, announced that it would become an affiliate of the University of Maryland Medical System. Naleppa cautions against looking for a similar announcement between Johns Hopkins and PRMC.
"Hospitals in general will look at strengthening collaborative relationships, but in our case we are very sound financially," she says. "We are the flagship facility for the eastern shore. We have already built a significant amount of our IT infrastructure, which is a capital demand that is driving integration for many health systems. Our position has been that we will remain the flagship tertiary care center for the area and strengthen our collaborative relationships, as opposed to financial mergers."
Naleppa said PRMC will "keep options open" for strengthening training programs with Johns Hopkins, and with the University of Maryland, but, "we don't have anything definite."
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians