Pioneer ACO Deadline Extended
The Pioneer model was developed for organizations that are already experienced in coordinating patient care and managing risk. It was developed after industry leaders such as Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic announced that they would likely sit out the ACO process.
CMS' Griffith declined to disclose whether either the Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic have expressed interest in participating as Pioneer ACOs.
She did say that a CMS conference call on Tuesday to provide more information to interested parties about the Pioneer ACO Model attracted more than 850 participants.
ROUNDS: The Real Value of ACOs
When: August 16, 12:00–3:00 pm ET
Where: hosted by Norton Healthcare
Register today for this live event and webcast
CMS holds the conference calls, which are called "Open Door" forums, as part of the ACO promotion. The calls, which typically last 30 to 60 minutes, include brief presentations by CMS representatives followed by a question and answer session.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems