Pioneer ACO Deadline Extended
The Pioneer model was developed for organizations that are already experienced in coordinating patient care and managing risk. It was developed after industry leaders such as Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic announced that they would likely sit out the ACO process.
CMS' Griffith declined to disclose whether either the Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic have expressed interest in participating as Pioneer ACOs.
She did say that a CMS conference call on Tuesday to provide more information to interested parties about the Pioneer ACO Model attracted more than 850 participants.
ROUNDS: The Real Value of ACOs
When: August 16, 12:00–3:00 pm ET
Where: hosted by Norton Healthcare
Register today for this live event and webcast
CMS holds the conference calls, which are called "Open Door" forums, as part of the ACO promotion. The calls, which typically last 30 to 60 minutes, include brief presentations by CMS representatives followed by a question and answer session.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Top Reason for Nurse Turnover: Managers
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Behind the CVS Health Rebranding Strategy
- CMS Pitches Medicare Appeals Deal to Hospitals
- How MA plans to re-enroll 450,000 residents in health insurance
- Mobile Health Screenings Come Under Scrutiny
- House OKs Cassidy's 'keep your plan' bill
- Medicare is pricier in unhealthy states, study says
- Strategically, Physicians Make Room for RNs