Pioneer ACO Deadline Extended
The Pioneer model was developed for organizations that are already experienced in coordinating patient care and managing risk. It was developed after industry leaders such as Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic announced that they would likely sit out the ACO process.
CMS' Griffith declined to disclose whether either the Cleveland Clinic or Mayo Clinic have expressed interest in participating as Pioneer ACOs.
She did say that a CMS conference call on Tuesday to provide more information to interested parties about the Pioneer ACO Model attracted more than 850 participants.
ROUNDS: The Real Value of ACOs
When: August 16, 12:00–3:00 pm ET
Where: hosted by Norton Healthcare
Register today for this live event and webcast
CMS holds the conference calls, which are called "Open Door" forums, as part of the ACO promotion. The calls, which typically last 30 to 60 minutes, include brief presentations by CMS representatives followed by a question and answer session.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Boston Marathon Bombing Yields Lessons for Hospitals
- Governor Details Healthcare Payment Reform Path in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- MetroHealth Revs Its Population Health Engine