PBGC Seeks $25M in St. Vincent’s Pension Case
PBGC contends that the "firm was aware those investments were risky and contrary to Saint Vincent's instructions."
PBGC wants the Second Circuit to reverse the ruling and require the district court to hear the case on its merits. If that happens, the agency will seek $25 million in damages from Morgan Stanley on behalf of Saint Vincent's pension plan and its participants.
PBGC filed its brief on May 26.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine