PBGC Seeks $25M in St. Vincent’s Pension Case
PBGC contends that the "firm was aware those investments were risky and contrary to Saint Vincent's instructions."
PBGC wants the Second Circuit to reverse the ruling and require the district court to hear the case on its merits. If that happens, the agency will seek $25 million in damages from Morgan Stanley on behalf of Saint Vincent's pension plan and its participants.
PBGC filed its brief on May 26.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers