PBGC Seeks $25M in St. Vincent’s Pension Case
PBGC contends that the "firm was aware those investments were risky and contrary to Saint Vincent's instructions."
PBGC wants the Second Circuit to reverse the ruling and require the district court to hear the case on its merits. If that happens, the agency will seek $25 million in damages from Morgan Stanley on behalf of Saint Vincent's pension plan and its participants.
PBGC filed its brief on May 26.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- A Christmas Wish List for US Healthcare
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014