PBGC Seeks $25M in St. Vincent’s Pension Case
PBGC contends that the "firm was aware those investments were risky and contrary to Saint Vincent's instructions."
PBGC wants the Second Circuit to reverse the ruling and require the district court to hear the case on its merits. If that happens, the agency will seek $25 million in damages from Morgan Stanley on behalf of Saint Vincent's pension plan and its participants.
PBGC filed its brief on May 26.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money