PBGC Seeks $25M in St. Vincent’s Pension Case
PBGC contends that the "firm was aware those investments were risky and contrary to Saint Vincent's instructions."
PBGC wants the Second Circuit to reverse the ruling and require the district court to hear the case on its merits. If that happens, the agency will seek $25 million in damages from Morgan Stanley on behalf of Saint Vincent's pension plan and its participants.
PBGC filed its brief on May 26.
Margaret Dick Tocknell is a reporter/editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Federal Appeals Court Mulls Observation Status
- How the Military's EHR Reboot Will Impact Interoperability
- HCA to Acquire CareNow Urgent Care Centers
- How One Health System Saved $3.5M in Benefits Costs
- BCBS Tries New Drug Contracting Model
- Abington Health, Jefferson Health Plan '100% Equal' Merger
- Dental Board Case Before SCOTUS Has Far-Reaching Implications
- The Case for Recycling Surgical Supplies
- 'Leadership Gap' Threatens MU Momentum, Says AMA
- Ballot Initiative Pits Providers Against Payers in SD