ICD-10 Delay No License to Chill
Being handed an extension on ICD-10 may feel liberating today. But wise leaders will take a lesson from the words of Michelle Mahan, Vice President and CFO, Frederick Memorial Regional Health System, Frederick, MD.
Some, she says ,"may not totally appreciate the enormity of [the] task, and that might be something that comes back to bite them."
Mahan served as a panelist in a roundtable discussion of costs incorporated into an Impact Analysis report titled ICD-10: Skating on Thin Margins. The roundtable met before the deadline extension was announced, but Mahan's words resonate with meaning. This is not the time to put ICD-10 plans on the shelf.
Rather, it is time to re-assess your team's readiness, and as soon as possible, to modify your plans. Otherwise, with time and neglect , ICD-10 will again come to feel like a yoke.
ICD-10: It's Later Than You Think
Edward Prewitt is the Editorial Director of HealthLeaders Media.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'