HIMSS Preview: Big Show; Big Ideas—Big News?
Also for the first time, there will be a special portion of the show floor dedicated to Meaningful Use demos and presentations. Off the floor, the patient engagement requirement of Meaningful Use Stage 2 will be the focus of a Patient Experience through HIT Forum.
Some of the most interesting ideas promise to come from the strong lineup of breakout sessions:
- Edward Martinez, Senior VP and CIO
Miami Children's Hospital
Implementing Patient Engagement and Care Coordination Technologies for Improved Outcomes
- Darren Dworkin, VP of Enterprise Information Systems and CIO
Cedars-Sinai Health System
Leveraging Smartphones to Simplify Communication Across Multiple Systems
- Ferdinand Velasco, MD, VP and CMIO, Texas Health Resources
Luis Saldana, MD, Texas Health Associate CMIO
Innovative Approaches to Physician Engagement and Team Collaboration
- Indranil Ganguly, VP and CIO
CentraState Healthcare System
Actionable Analytics for Value-Based Purchasing, Readmissions and Business Intelligence
- Phyllis Teater, CIO
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Lessons Learned from Expanding the Boundaries of the EMR
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus