Healtheway HIE Announces Founding Members
"The founding members each come at health information exchange from a different perspective, and it's that unique perspective we will rely on. We must continue building an exchange that can meet the needs of organizations large and small, in a wide variety of clinical and technical environments."
As part of its charter in operationally supporting the eHealth Exchange, Healtheway is working to expand membership and participation in the eHealth Exchange. Originally formed as the Nationwide Health Information Network Exchange program in 2007 by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, the eHealth Exchange has since transitioned into a public/private partnership. Today the community includes thousands of providers and millions of patients.
Some organizations on the board, including Kaiser Permanente and MedVirginia, have been involved with the eHealth Exchange since its ONC days, Yeager said. Others are newly working with Healtheway, explained Mariann Yeager, executive director of Healtheway, Inc.
The announcement lays the groundwork for members to participate in Healtheway annual member meetings and to vote on formal governance matters that will come before the organization, she said.
Addressing Epic's participation, Yeager noted that the company has been "integrally involved" in Healtheway's work for several years, and is active in a number of eHealth Exchange workgroups.
"For us, it wasn't a surprise, because they've been there every step of the way, supporting their customers," Yeager said. eHealth Exchange participants have been sharing data in production for four years, she noted. The number of transactions on the exchange has more than doubled in the past six to nine months, Yeager added.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers